top of page

C1 Vehicles

The ideal course for those needing to drive vehicles between 3.5 and 7.5 tonnes

Our patient friendly instructors have years of experience to help you reach your goal.

One-to-one training with no cab sharing.

See our handy guide box below to check whether you need this licence category.

Two day course including training and both practical tests

Our Price


Just £ 950 !!

mark logo copy.png

We can also provide a tailored training course to work around your commitments - contact us today to discuss your needs !

Do I need a C1 licence ?

Yes, if . . .

No, if . . .

you passed your car test after 1st Jan 1997 and wish to drive a vehicle with a Maximum Allowable Mass (GVW) between 3.5 and 7.5 tonnes.

if your vehicle's MAM is below 3.5 tonnes.

If you want to drive vehicles above 7.5 tonnes - in which case you need a C or C+E.

What happens on my practical test ?

Your C1 test is now split into 2 parts known as 3A and 3B

3A is where you demonstrate your ability to reverse around a short manoeuvring area and park in a bay. This test takes approximately 20 minutes from start to finish and once complete you are given a pass certificate for this element.

You must have completed a 3A before moving on to . . .

The 3B part of the test which is where you go out on the road for the practical drive element. Before you start this part of the test you will be asked some 'show me, tell me' questions which you can see here. . . website 

The drive lasts approximately 1 hour and does not contain any manoeuvres other than demonstrating you can safely pull over and stop, then carry on 5 times. 1 of these hill be uphill, 1 downhill, 1 requires you to move around a parked vehicle and the other 2 are random.

During the driving test there will be approximately 10 minutes of independent driving where you will be asked to follow road signs and markings and make your own decisions. 

bottom of page